MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF THE RAYMORE-PECULIAR BAND BOOSTERS CLUB, INC TUESDAY - OCTOBER 11TH, 2022
The regular meeting of the Raymore-Peculiar Band Boosters Club was held in the band room. Those in attendance were: Zach Shupe, Libby Craig, Jonah Craig, Jenna Craig Mika Craig, Bobbi Bond, Shenelle Mourning, Michelle Helzer, Melissa Guyer, Melissa Adams, Lisa Sorge, Lee Anne Thompson, Chris Thompson, Jason Heuwinkel, Nina Hunter, Chacqie Chandler, Madison Theisen, Tanya Moody, Matt & Jill Clingan
The meeting was called to order promptly at 7:00pm by Libby Craig.
● Meeting Expectations and Bylaws Objectives: ○ Assist the RP Band program and directors ○ Promote enthusiasm and commitment to band among students, parents, school board and communities
● Support instrumental music education throughout the district
● To raise funds to finance or partially finance activities related to music education Business Reports: Motion to approve minutes for September 13th, 2022 booster meeting was made by Lisa Sorge, seconded by Bobbi Bond
Directors Report: Zach Shupe
● Home Football Game Friday against Odessa - Marching Band
● Harrisonville Competition next weekend
● Hawaii Rehearsals coming up
● Jazz Band auditions coming up on October 25th
● All District Band coming up ○ Transportation - Truck Driver for this season - what is donated and writing off and what to pay for his time, needs to be paid -Treasurer QuestionMarian Pheiler will be calling in towards end of meeting
● How to pay Jazz Band Audition Clinicians
● Great Concert last night
● Glow Show - need to restock up on glow sticks and packing tape - Mr.Jarrett & Mr. Shupe invited middle schoolers to build up attendance of the Glow Show - Still collecting canned food donation at event - use pantry buckets and have pick up or drop off that night
President Report: Libby Craig
● No Report
Uniforms: Melissa Adams
● Small repairs have been needed, uniforms seem dirty by sitting on the ground, rubbing up on something, laying down. They need to get up and not lay down in their uniforms. Remind everyone to go to the bathroom before putting on uniforms. Need to remind the kids there is a clip on the back - Hats - emailed company and working on new rep to get plastic inserts - There are 30 New Hats in stock right now
● Concert wear - all fitted but did not arrive on time. All on backorder until Spring. Tux Shirts - ordered 60 - Ms.Gibson will recheck timeline for delivery per Mr. Shupe, before further looking at online websites for replacement shirts.
● Fingerless Gloves for next year for $3.00 - information was sent to Ms.Gibson
● Some still need to be fitted for Hawaii if not in band - bibbers/shoes - will wear Hawaii shirts/ polo and will have bibbers - Bibbers will be packed for trip
Color Guard: Melissa Guyer
● Winter Color Guard Tryouts - Orientation night and 2 day tryouts - will need to send out information through Charms
● Need a NEW floor mat/tarp - need sponsors to help purchase or if boosters could help fund. Bobbi Bond explained low funds from the booster and maybe do another Culver’s night to help fund a portion. Floor tarps retail around $1900.00 and maybe this is an Activities Department request suggested Mr. Shupe
● Clinic ends October 27th and Tryouts are November 9th & 10th
Fundraising Committee: Bobbi Bond
● Kicking off Butterbraids this Friday, Orders are Due on October 26th with pick up on November 10th which is also practice for Hawaii
● December is Mattress Sale
● February 2023 Father/ Daughter Dance - which might be moving from South Middle School to Auxiliary Gym in the High School - Actual Date, Saturday, February 11th there is a conflict with a Theatre Event from 7:30-10:30. It might be a question - still confirming where Father/ Daughter Dance will be held
Chuckwagon: Bobbi Bond
● Pizza on Friday before the game. The Brewster Family has been fantastic taking care of all of it.
● Saturday morning - a table by the bus to pack breakfast muffins, sandwiches, fruit - and get on the bus. But, students will be in uniforms on the bus, so no messy foods. Need to re-check with Ms.Gibson - in uniforms or not on the bus. Food must be on the bus to avoid crashing from not eating.
● Eat lunch at 11am and will have slider/cold cuts because of different shifts.
● Dinner - Grill again as nothing in Odessa, HyVee cheesy casserole & baked beans. Anyone can help plan. Eat around 5pm.
● Following weekend, go back to Raising Cane's - more mac & cheese.
● Marching Banquet - going to talk to Stephanie Dillon for banquet cookies
● What did we make at the Texas RoadHouse Fundraiser? Marian called in and Bobbi asked Marian and was confirmed $230.00.
● Band Dads will grill, if they need propane, Marian & Bobbi will get more Treasurer Report: Marian Pheiler (Phone Called In)
● How much did Trey/transportation write off last year? No idea- no invoice from last year. Did not give him anything. Will have to look at previous years. decided on $250.00 per event- need to pay him.
● Melissa - Marian will send out through Charms - Winter Color Guard information
● Jason - will give Marian a fuel receipt for truck $120.00 - also Don Mott has no receipts for all he put in for props from his own materials - just make a receipt and get a sign off from Ms. Gibson - Props worked well
● One more home game, ordered 100 programs, will come out ahead overall, more ideas for next year on how to order. Jennifer is looking for new printer/programs
● Per diem has been approved to go ahead with school finance $21.00 per day for the Hawaii trip, must have funds in charms account -butterbraids money can be added in time
● Eligible for max per diem, per day for max number of days is $147.00 from charms account if student has funds available.
● Jazz Band Clinicians - Boosters have paid for judging in the past but funds are too low at the moment. Based on Father/Daughter discussion and how boosters address distribution of profits, then can help cover. Marian will look into it.
● Family Virtual Meeting - Mattress Sale, Nov 15th, 7pm Send after competition.
Band Dads: Jason Heuwinkel
● Bring receipts New Business: Fundraiser: Jason Heuwinkel - Ever looked into the Chief Games for fundraising
Band Show Shirts are in - Ask Ms. Gibson to pass out shirt on Thursday
Motion to adjourn at 8:07pm by Libby Craig & Lisa Sorge, seconded by Melissa Guyer
Next Meeting Tuesday, November 8th, 2022 -Band Room -7pm
The posted minutes are from the Band Booster meetings which occur on the second Tuesday each month. Minutes are unofficial until approved the following meeting.