MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF THE
RAYMORE-PECULIAR BAND BOOSTERS CLUB, INC
OCTOBER 13, 2020
The regular meeting of the Raymore-Peculiar Band Boosters Club was held virtually with the
following in attendance: Catie Howlett, Tara Spencer, Libby Craig, Joyce Noah, Graham
Deckard, Dillon Jarrett, Gina Riegert, Cat Campbell, Laurel Baumgardner, Jennifer Story, Lisa
Sorge. The meeting was called to order by Catie at 6:00pm.
Report from Band Director - Mr. Deckard
- 2 after school practices down 1 to go. Can’t stress enough how everyone needs to be at
the practice. Concert is on October 26th. The concert will be outside by the Library,
everyone bring your own chairs & mask will be required. Attire is all black (no jeans).
- Marching band is working on refining the Glow Show, which will be performed for the
families on October 22nd @ 7:30pm. Bring can good/winter apparel for families.
- 1 home game left in the regular season
- October 30th will be a Play-Off game at Home
- Drum Line is up and running with all new equipment. Drums sound wonderful and a
huge benefit to the program
Treasurer’s Report - Tara/Cat
- $20.00 Band Fee through the school, not charms. If you have money in your charms
account, with a request Tara will send money to the school
- Student statements went out yesterday
- Letter requirement is to have fee’s paid by Nov. 2nd
- Question about approval to remove fees from accounts. Permission from
parent/guardian to move money. Need to change in by-laws.
- Question/Concern from parents who made payments to students accounts and would
like a refund. From the school year 2019-2020 & forward. Possibly form a new line in
our by-laws to reflect regular band fees. If student has extra money that was paid by
them in account, refund it.
Fundraising - Jennifer
- Butter Braids will be set up. Will also have date & times set up for delivery/pick-up after
Programs - Gina
- 2700 sold in advertising, still taking ads up til Thursday AM, Oct. 23rd ready to sell, 26
books have been sold in pre-sale with some paying for shipping, will speak with Mr.
Hipple about selling at the game on the 23rd, RP Update has been running about the
senior page & ads. ABC has taken a full page ad.
- Going well, consistent volunteers - THANK YOU!!
- Going well, not much to report.
- Seniors last home game, Catie would like to do something special for all of them (22 of
them), she will present these at the Glow Show.
Uniforms - Lisa
- Not much going on, kids have made this year easy!
- Is flashing fine for Glow Show? Glow Sticks
- Questions: When students are done (at the concert) can they leave? Uniform moms will
be there for any last minute needs.
Next Meeting will be November 10, 2020
Meeting was adjourned at 6:50pm
Comments are closed.
The posted minutes are from the Band Booster meetings which occur on the second Tuesday each month. Minutes are unofficial until approved the following meeting.