Hello 7th & 8th Grade Band Parents,
Your children have been working so hard the past few weeks. I am excited to let them show off their music for you. Here are a few reminders:
- Our concert is Thursday, December 7 at 7:30pm.
- The concert is at the High School in the auditorium. Enter through the main entrance and the auditorium is on the left.
- Students need to arrive at 7:00pm and report to the band room (the first hallway to the left after entering the building).
- The SMS Choir Concert is the same evening at 6:00pm, also at the High School. This is NOT a schedule conflict.
- All students are REQUIRED to stay for then entire program of both bands. They will have a written assignment to complete during the other band's performance.
- Students will wear their band polo (tucked in) with black or khaki pants. Please avoid jeans, leggings, and tennis shoes if possible. As always, please just do your best to make sure your child looks nice for the concert.
In other news...
The 6th Grade Band, Jazz Band, and Jazz Ensemble will have their first concert on December 14 at 7:30pm in the South Middle School Gymnasium.
See you soon!
The 6th Grade Band Winter Concert is December 14, 2017.
Hello SMS Band Families,
Students in Mr. Jarrett's classes have been given their next two assignments (see below). All assignments are completed through EEi (www.essentialelementsinteractive.com). Students with internet access and a device should complete the assignment at home. Students without internet access or a device will complete the assignment before 1st block or during advisory. It is each student's responsibility to make time to complete their assignment.
- Line #29, due Nov. 21
- Line #49, due Nov. 28
- Line #46, due Nov. 21
- Line #71, due Nov. 28
- Line #182, due Nov. 21
- Line #183, due Nov. 28
Hello 7th and 8th Grade Band Families,
We are having a Band Picture Day on Thursday, November 16th. Students need to wear their band polo (with regular school clothes) for a group picture. The group photo will be used in the yearbook, so all students will participate.
If you would like to order a copy of the group photo, you can print the attached order form (or use the order form for info to order online). Bring the form to picture day. You also have the opportunity to have individual pictures taken of your child with their instrument. Small group photos of siblings or friends is okay, too.
Hello 6th Grade Band Families,
It is time to start planning for our concert December 14. The sixth grade band meets in five different classes and we need to practice all together. To do this, I have scheduled 3 rehearsals from 3:00-4:15pm on the following dates:
- Wednesday, November 29
- Monday, December 4
- Monday, December 11
These rehearsals are important and required. Now is a good time to begin making arrangements for rides. We have 122 students in 6th grade band, and I am sure there are parents willing to help with rides. :)
The concert is December 14 at South Middle School in the gymnasium. The performance begins at 7:30pm. Students will arrive by 7:00pm to warm up. The students will wear their band polo with black or khaki pants and nice shoes. Please do your best to meet this dress code. If you cannot, please use your best judgement to make sure your child looks nice for their first concert.
You are welcome and encourage to invite friends and families to the concert.